Insights into Cattle Feed Manufacturing Process and Machinery
In the complex cattle feed manufacturing process, a well-designed process is essential. Each step of the cattle feed production process, from raw material preparation to the final product, requires careful consideration. The purpose of this article is to discuss the key details of each stage in the cattle feed making process, as well as the key considerations when buying cattle feed making machines. By taking a closer look at the cattle feed manufacturing process and cattle feed processing unit selection, you will be able to build an efficient and reliable cattle feed production system. (Read more about Buying Animal Feed Mill>>)
Cattle Feed Manufacturing Process and Machiney
Animal feed can be categorized according to its composition, form and nutritional value.
- Feed composition classification: roughage (crude fiber feed), concentrated feed (concentrate feed):
- Feed nutritional perspective classification: energy feed, protein feed, minerals and vitamins feed
- Feed use classification: silage, full-value feed, supplemental feed
- Feed form classification: powder feed, pellet feed, block feed
And when it comes to animal pelleted feed, the advantage is that it offers multiple benefits. Advantages of using pellet feed for cattle(cow):
- Increasing Yield by 10-15%: Pelleted feeds can significantly increase cattle production. In dairy cows (milk cattle), for example, studies have shown that a nutritionally balanced pelleted feed can increase milk production of cows, usually by between 10% and 15%.
- Precise Control of Nutrient Composition: The protein, carbohydrates, vitamins and minerals in cattle pelleted feeds can be precisely controlled. Typical cow pellets usually contain 15% to 20% protein and 2% to 5% fat.
- Achieving 75%-85% Digestibility: Feed pellets are more easily digested and absorbed by cattle because of their uniform pellet size and texture. The digestibility of pelleted feeds is usually as high as 75% to ~85%, while that of roughage is below this range. This reduces the amount of feed consumed by cattle and reduces feed waste.
Reducing Transportation and Storage Costs by 5%-10%: The high density and small size of pellet feeds increase feed tolerance capacity by 40-100%, reducing transportation and storage costs. (Tolerance: the ratio of weight to volume) Also, due to its small size, pelleted feed requires less packaging and transportation material per unit weight.
Efficient Cattle Pellet Feed Processing: Vital Steps and Techniques
This complete cattle feed manufacturing line contains these cattle feed production units: cattle feed cleaning machine, cattle feed crusher machine, cattle feed mixer machine, cattle feed pelleting machine, cattle feed cooler machine, cattle feed dryer machine, and cattle feed packaging machine.
Feed Processing Equipment in Cattle Feed Manufacturing Process
However, it should be noted that the equipment of cattle feed manufacturing unit configuration in your production line may be different because of different production scales, feed types, investment expectations and other factors even including feed formula. If you are troubled by this, you can consult us directly. We provide free consulting services, cattle feed processing machine configuration and cattle feed production line design plans, cattle feed plant layout for your specific needs!
Receiving Feedstuffs: First Step in Feed Pellet Manufacturing Process
Raw material receiving is the first process of cattle feed processing plant production, which affects the overall quality and safety of cattle feed pellet products. The following are the things to pay attention to in the raw material receiving section:
- Standardize the receiving procedure, and check the appearance of goods, goods list, marking and packaging.
- Conduct sampling tests and record data, focusing on quality control.
- Ensure that the raw material storage environment meets the requirements, and raw materials are categorized and stored to avoid cross-contamination.
Cleaning Feedstuffs: Ensuring Feed Quality and Machine Safety
The cleaning of raw materials is not only to ensure that the cattle feed impurities are not excessive, but also to ensure the safe production of cattle feed manufacturing machines in the making line. Cattle feed plants mainly clean up grain raw materials and their processing by-products. After cleaning, it is necessary to ensure that the raw materials are sufficiently dry to avoid excessive moisture content, which affects feed processing and preservation.
Crushing Feedstuffs: Vital Stage in Feed Pellet Production Line
Cattle feed pellet raw material pulverization can increase the digestibility of animals and improve the processing quality and efficiency of subsequent steps in the cattle feed pellet production line. Usually, for cattle as livestock, the most suitable grinding size is 800~1200μm.
Mixing Feedstuffs: Blending Based on Cattle Feed Pellet Formula
In cattle feed processing production, the mixing process is a key step to ensure the uniform distribution of various nutrients in cattle feed pellet ingredients.
- The order of mixing cattle feed raw materials is to mix powdered raw materials first, followed by liquid raw materials.
- The cattle feed mixer machine should be kept clean and cleaned between mixing different feeds to avoid cross-contamination.
- Mixing time should be sufficient to ensure ingredients for making cattle feed uniform mixing, the general mixing time is 5-10 minutes.
Pelletizing Cattle Feed: Key Stage in Feed Pellet Formation
Cattle feed pelletizing is the key link in the cattle feed production process. Powdered feed is transformed into pellets through the cattle feed pellet press machine. During this process, the cattle feed pellet manufacturers have to pay extra attention. Below is a table to introduce you to cattle feed pellet specifications.
|Cattle Feed Pellets Parameters
|Cattle Feed Pellets Moisture
|Less Than 13.5%
|Cattle Feed Pellet Bulk Weight
|About 1.2~1.3 g/cm³
|Cattle Pellet Diameter
|Cattle: 9.0~15.0mm; Calves: 6.0~10.0mm
|Cattle Pellet Length
|1.5~2 Times the Diameter
Cooling Cattle Feed: Lowering Temperature for Storage Stability
During the cattle feed manufacturing process, the cooling process is an important step to ensure product quality and long-term preservation as well as stabilize the shape of pellets.
- Cooling should be done gradually. Avoid rapid temperature changes that cause unevenness within the feed.
- Avoid high humidity environment. High humidity affects the quality and shelf life of the feed.
Packaging Cattle Feed: Final Step in Commercial Animal Feed Mills
- Use moisture-proof bags: the main requirements of packaging are moisture-proof, insect-proof and anti-freezing. It is better for the cattle feed making plants to line the bag with a layer of polyethylene film.
- Net weight error control at 1%~2%: the net weight of each bag of feed should be within the specified error, and the general error should be controlled at 1%~2%. The common packing specification for cattle feed pellet plants is 50 kg ± 0.5 kg.
If you have questions about the cattle feed manufacturing process you can get a free consultation!
Investing in Cattle Feed Machines: Implementing Feed Manufacturing Process
After understanding the cattle feed processing process, we have to focus on the cattle feed processing machines used in cattle feed processing as well as complete production lines and feed processing plants. Depending on the investment scale, output requirements and application scenarios of cattle feed producers, it is important to choose the right cattle feed production program according to the actual situation.（Read more about Cattle Feed Machine Price>> and Cattle Feed Plant Cost>>）
Small Cattle Feed Machine
Small Cattle Feed Pellet Machine for Sale
Small cattle feed machines usually refer to flat die feed pellet mill. Flat die feed pellet mill is characterized by a simple structure, easy operation and strong adaptability. As a homemade feed pellet machine, it can meet the daily feed needs of poultry and livestock. Some others recognize the flat die feed pellet machine as a mini cattle feed machine because it is more portable and suitable for outdoor use.
Large Cattle Feed Machine
Commercial Large Cattle Feed Pelleting Mill for Sale
As a large cattle feed manufacturing machine, the ring die feed pellet mill is characterized by high efficiency production and wide applicability. Its structure is powerful and durable, which can meet the demand of large-scale feed processing and is suitable for livestock farms and breeding bases. And ring die feed pellet mill also is called industrial feed pellet machine.
Cattle Feed Pellet Production Plant
Small Cattle Feed Production Plant & Large Cattle Feed Processing Plant
The scale and functional layout of the production line need to match the feed type, production volume and process flow. Large-scale cattle feed production lines should consider the degree of automation and efficient capacity, while small-scale cattle feed production lines pay more attention to flexibility and adaptability to meet individual needs. Therefore, in the cattle feed plant design process, fully understanding the production demand and combining the technical characteristics, can create a cattle feed production line more in keeping with the actual needs. (Link to Cattle Feed Mill Price in India>>）
Contact us now and let us help your cattle feed business plan succeed!